1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

tomtom on galaxy note 10.1 2014

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amandus88, Dec 9, 2013.

1. amandus88

amandus88 Newbie

Do anyone now if tomtom europe 1.3 ( 9155120) works on a samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014?

regards

Pierre

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ddoyle777

ddoyle777 Lurker

Pierre,

I have the version you inquire about, although it's US. It does not work on my Note 10.1 2014. According to Google Play it's compatible, but according to TomTom the resolution is too high. It will "run" but it won't display the maps. I guess we must wait until they rewrite it to take advantage of the higher resolution of the 2014 Note.

3. amandus88

amandus88 Newbie

Hello

I have found in the mean time also the same answer on the internet.
    I understand that we must have a lot of patience to get the new version

Regards

4. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

Have you tried Sygic instead? I don't know whether it works but I used to use a TomTom 520 but Sygic is just as good.

The only thing I'm not keen on is the slightly gor blimey English accent on Sygic compared to the rather more plummy TomTom voice.

5. PiscesCloud

PiscesCloud Android Enthusiast

l usually use the UK & Ireland TomTom app on my Note 2 but it did take them a while to stop it crashing when it was first issued many months ago. As previously posted, it still crashes on the Note 10.1 (2014) when accessing a map.

I have installed 'GPS Nav & Maps' and 'Waze' on both devices. They seem to work but as yet I have not used them to any extent.