• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

too many emailnotifications

Since 2.2 upgrade if I do not open or delete any email in my in box I keep receiving new notifications on every refresh. Prior to upgrade one an email was downloaded from the pop3 server there would be no subsequent notifications. What can I do. IRRITATED.

It sounds as though you have an issue with your setup. There is myself and three other Droid owners within 50 feet of me and all of us have pop3 accounts setup and none are having this issue. I use K-9 Email and the others use stock with no "re-notification" issues. On my phone the notification always indicates the number of unread email messages, but after responding to the notification I only get a new notification when new mail arrives. I receive a lot of email through my pop account; so I set my update frequency to 1 time an hour to cut down on notifications, but before I set it that way I still only got notifications when new mail arrived, not when the screen refreshed.

BigRedGonzo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones