1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Too much battery?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vehtemas, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    Territory Manager
    So, I have an extended battery, my phone has been off the hook since 6:50am, and it is now 2:52pm, it is at 90%.

Granted on the weekdays I do not use it very often during the workday except for the random text/email and lunch time.

The weekends I use it much more often, but at this rate it will still be at 70% by the time I go to bed tonight at 11pm...

Granted I have 4G turned off (I seem to be on an edge of 4G at home so it cycles between 3G and 4G when home), and only turn 4G on if I want to use netflix/HD youtube while at work/out and about.

Otherwise I keep 4G turned off.

I am starting to think I have to keep 4G turned on just to drain the battery so I don't keep charging it at 70% hahahaha.

Or just charge every other day I guess during the week...

Here is the big question/concern:

Now, I am just checking but there should be no problems with charging it at 70% right? IIRC LiIon batteries are degenerated based on the NUMBER of times it is plugged in. Either that or it is based on the number of FULL charges (say I charge it 25% each day it takes 4 days for a full charge).

It really depends on what webpage you look at or read about LiIon batteries to determine WHICH of the two theories are correct...

Anyone have any further information/sources about which of the two thoughts are correct?

Apple - Batteries

How Many Times Can I Charge My Battery? - Battery Education

Both seem to point to the second theory...

Advertisement

2. tjreishus

tjreishus Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    Airline Pilot
    Either way, they last a long time now. Ever since I have been using LiIon or LiPoly batteries, I just charge every night. They usually last me a little more than a year before I need to replace them. If you getting that kind of life, maybe just do it every other day.