1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Too much battery?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vehtemas, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

So, I have an extended battery, my phone has been off the hook since 6:50am, and it is now 2:52pm, it is at 90%.

Granted on the weekdays I do not use it very often during the workday except for the random text/email and lunch time.

The weekends I use it much more often, but at this rate it will still be at 70% by the time I go to bed tonight at 11pm...

Granted I have 4G turned off (I seem to be on an edge of 4G at home so it cycles between 3G and 4G when home), and only turn 4G on if I want to use netflix/HD youtube while at work/out and about.

Otherwise I keep 4G turned off.

I am starting to think I have to keep 4G turned on just to drain the battery so I don't keep charging it at 70% hahahaha.

Or just charge every other day I guess during the week...

Here is the big question/concern:

Now, I am just checking but there should be no problems with charging it at 70% right? IIRC LiIon batteries are degenerated based on the NUMBER of times it is plugged in. Either that or it is based on the number of FULL charges (say I charge it 25% each day it takes 4 days for a full charge).

It really depends on what webpage you look at or read about LiIon batteries to determine WHICH of the two theories are correct...

Anyone have any further information/sources about which of the two thoughts are correct?

Apple - Batteries

How Many Times Can I Charge My Battery? - Battery Education

Both seem to point to the second theory...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tjreishus

tjreishus Android Enthusiast

Either way, they last a long time now. Ever since I have been using LiIon or LiPoly batteries, I just charge every night. They usually last me a little more than a year before I need to replace them. If you getting that kind of life, maybe just do it every other day.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews