• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Too much music on the Droid?

Yes, they are tagged correctly and I have tried to search for something that I know shows up in the library properly. No luck.

What happens is that I do the search, and it goes to a black screen with my search term in big letters at the bottom. Then it just hangs there for a while. Usually it goes to sleep. When I wake it up I generally see errors:

"Scanning SD card: An error was encountered on your SD card".

I get that repeatedly.

I have removed the card, and did a chkdsk on my computer and found no errors.

Upvote 0
by 5k worth of music, you mean that you have 5,000 tracks right?
I suppose that maybe the search timed out.
or maybe your music isn't properly indexed.
(note: I don't actually know how the android music player works)

go to your music library and click on "albums".
you'll see that allot of your album art is missing, this is because the android system hasn't indexed your music yet.
you'll see the little bar on top will have one of those little spinning circle things that shows something is loading. this is your music being indexed.
it took a few minutes on my g1 with little over 200 songs. it'll probably take you much longer.
when you see that it has finished, try to do a search.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones