1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Too root or not to root ????

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by apl76, Nov 8, 2011.

1. apl76

apl76 Member
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    England
    Hi again

Currently have Sensation running on 2.3.4 Gingerbread on Orange and have seen lots of posts about rooting.

So too root or not too root, that is the question????

Like the look of the latest XDA custom ROM to upgrade to Sensation XE, but wondered what the advantages and dissadvantages of doing this. Once installed can you go back to original settings etc, etc

I am a complete novice on things like this so any tips and how to do this would be grateful.

So Yes or No ????

Thanks

Advertisement

2. StuartTheFish

StuartTheFish Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 11, 2010
    I've literally just done mine following this guide:

[Guide] to Installing S-off, ClockWork, Root, SuperCID & S-on [03/AUG/11](noobproof) - xda-developers

It's all gone okay with no damage to my phone! I've done it with the intention to overclock it to at least Sensation XE speeds, as the normal Sensation is actually underclocked from new, presumably so they could later sell the XE for more. Another perk I've just found is that I can now block certain apps from internet access, handy for getting rid of ads on my little lad's apps. Do I want him opening up all the adverts when he's only trying to move thomas the tank engine from one side of the screen to another? Not really. It's also good for keeping your private information to yourself, as some apps may send data off without you knowing otherwise.

3. SaMKan3

SaMKan3 Lurker
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    Root it its easier.