• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Too scared to root.

nailz

Jun 26, 2010
Liverpool
OK, well I have a month old i5700, which allready has eclair 2.1 on it.

I would like to root it, to be able to remove some of the rubbish that 3 reckons I need, and to get stuff like live wallpaper.

However, whilst I am quite tech-savvy, I'm never attempted anything with a phone before. I want to ask some questions, but feer I may just get the read the root threads answer, which I have.

How do I make a backup of my phone?
Which settings do I need to write down? And where are they found?

I have;

Firmware version;
2.1-update1

Baseband version;
i570EXXJC1

Kernel version;
2.6.29 root@SE-S611 #2

Build number;
ECLAIR.XXJCD

What is the best firmware to go for as there is so many at samsung-firmwares dot com?

Ta for any help.

Upvote 0
Only thing about backing up your phone is I didn't find appbrain much help. Got it all working and linked to my google acc, but it didn't sync after the update, just told me I had nothing on my phone and lost its list of apps that I had.

It might just be easter to write down all your apps, and get them again through market, paid apps still show up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones