1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[Tools] LANmote - Browser based remote KB/mouse for Android devices

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by gen-e, Jan 16, 2013.

1. gen-e

gen-e Member
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Run my own company - Portable Electronics Ltd
    Melbourne
    Hi all,

We have recently released LANmote, a Browser based remote KB/mouse for Android devices.

THIS APP REQUIRES A ROOTED DEVICE!
    Remotely control your Android device using any HTML5 compatible browser.
    Install and run this server app on the Android device you want to control, scan the QR code or type in the URL shown and you will be able to instantly control your Android device. This is the ONLY cross-platform browser based remote app available for Android devices, an alternative to Droidmote and Tablet Remote app.
    Features
    - Cross-platform remote, without installing any client app, tested to work on Android, IOS and Computer HTML5 browser.
    - Standard Android keypad buttons
    - Android media remote buttons
    - Mouse pad, adjustable sensitivity and supports multi-touch
    - Use mouse pointer or touch circle pointer
    - Keyboard input, supports unicode input and using computer keyboard as remote
    - 3x different size widgets, with/without QR code
    - Can be configured to run at boot
    - Support WIFI hotspot
    - Support multi-client controlling the same device
    - build-in help/instructions
    Notes: this app only works on rooted devices.
    Read about rooting at Android rooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Non-rooted mode without the mouse functionality under development.
    Free/Lite version limitations:
    - The app will type "EVALUATION VERSION" every 50 characters/keypresses and limited to 30 mins per run.
    Known limitations
    - Multi-touch does NOT work on Android 2.3 default browser
    - Multi-touch may have slow initial response, please use multi-touch slowly
    - On Android 4.1+, backspace on keyboard does not work. This is a well-known Android bug. A dedicated backspace button is added for Android 4.1+ device.
    - Does not work on Internet Explorer 10 or lower
    - Pointer switching will take a few seconds during which the mouse pointer and key input will not work

Screenshots
    See Android market

Free Version:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.portable.LANmote.Lite
    Paid version:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.portable.LANmote.Deluxe

Let us know what you think of our app in this thread or in our feedback forum.

Advertisement

2. zulu99

zulu99 Lurker
    None

Oct 7, 2011
    Alternative to DroidMote ?

but you are crazy ?

i tested it, and you want copy DroidMote, i think.

but the result is an application unusable.

many many lag. unusable. the worst clone that I've ever seen.

try it for yourself. hahahah

a client with a browser, over http, you are crazy....

where is the password ? everyone can get into my phone ?

with DroidMote you can control Android, Windows and Linux, you can play with all multi-touch games, you can have voice dictation and gesture typing. controller simulation, touch profiles , real multitouch touchpad and hrdware controller forward to DroidMote Server.

Please do not mention the word DroidMote near your toy.

I still remember when you wanted to buy droidmote in the first month of life to insert it in your cheap device.

3. ngorgi

ngorgi Lurker
    None

Jan 17, 2013
    Goooood... Gooooood... Let the hate flow through you.

4. gen-e

gen-e Member
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Run my own company - Portable Electronics Ltd
    Melbourne
    We are not crazy and we made controlling Android phone via HTTP possible. Did we not?
    The app does work as advertised and we did mention that the mouse is slower than native touch screen in our description

Sorry, we didn't "copy" Droidmote. We mimic Droidmote but we did not copy.
    If you insists that we copy, that is equivalent to accusing Google (Android) copy Apple's IOS; Ubuntu copy MS Windows; etc..

There is NOT a single industry that doesn't have at least two players serving similar market. Get used to it. Monopoly is not encouraged by any government in the world. Even Google are not permitted to monopolize the internet and will face legal actions if they do.

Does Droidmote ever have a password to start with?
    We will and can implement password if user desires but I think user may not like it.. If someone is already in your LAN, you trust them already, don't you?

Sure, DroidMote can control Android, Windows and Linux, you can play with all multi-touch games and but you can't do it the other way round... i.e. to control Android from Android, Windows, IOS, Mac OS X, Linux, etc which is what our customers want...

So, it is obvious we are targeting a different market and we are not in your territory.

Sorry, but even if you have a trademark on your app's name. You can't stop someone mentioning it.

Tell that to Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc not to mention their competitor's name too.

We did have a discussion but you were not able to meet our requirements by being cross-platform capable nor interested to help in that direction. So, we have no choice but to build our own.