• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Top 5 Apps Thread!!

this are it for now for me:

-Locale - awsome tool!
-Astro - comes in handy
-Taskiller - good to have
-Pandora - gotta have music
-DockRUnner - neat!

Others FAVS:
-Screens - AWESOME wallpapers & FREE. highly recommend
-Weatherchannel
-GemMiner (fun game)
- Ak Notepad (always useful! Wish they had a post it apps though!! :D

Upvote 0
Facebook
NES/SNES/GBA/GNS Emulator Backgrounds (gonna try screens)
Weather Channel
Taskiller
(Random games my gf dl'd and plays) She is gonna buy this phone now because of me. :D

How is Advanced Task Killer? Is it worth buying it? Get the free version? Whats the difference from Taskiller?

I got advanced task manager rather than advanced task killer -- I don't know if there's a difference.

It ends tasks, uninstalls programs, shows you all processes, apps, services, and it has a setting where you can set it to run "End All" on an interval, with an exclude list so that it only ends certain apps periodically throughout the day. I like it.

My top 5
-Advanced Task Manager
-Astro File Manager
-Weather Bug
-Meebo IM
-Twidroid

Going to get locale now after all the reccomendations.

Upvote 0
From what i can tell advance task killer is nicer and easier to use but i keep Taskiller on my phone because it loads more things then advance task killer. You can download both and compare them at the same time and see what shows up on each. You'll see what i mean. :)

1.Advanced task killer/Taskiller
2.SMS popup
3.nes/snes/gba emulators (just amazing can't even pay attention in my classes anymore..lol)
4.Pandora
5.Newspapers

Upvote 0
These are must haves for any Droid user!

1: aTrackDog - Tracks all your apps, and will search for updates
2: DockRunner - Makes your Droid think its in Dock mode without the Dock
3: Advanced Task Killer - Kill any and all running tasks
4: Astro File Manager - Manage the files and folders on your SD Card
5: Toggle Settings: This is a widget that lets u flick off/on wifi, bluetooth etc

Upvote 0
It is a better keyboard lol. It has a little bit bigger buttons and sensitivity. You can also swipe while using it and it will give you a t9 number pad or compact qwerty if you prefer to use that instead. it is 1.99 in the market, but well worth it.

Has anyone noticed that sometimes the txt box will retract as your typing and momentarily freeze before coming back up? :thinking:

Upvote 0
i switched from the iphone to the droid and so far i have almost no complaints. totally happy with the switch. that said, here are the top 5 i need:

shazam - tags songs from any source and tells you what/who it is
touchdown - exchange sync (hands down best mobile client i've ever used - definitely better than iphone, a lot better than OEM 2.0 client)
ebuddy - instant messaging app
Advanced Task Manager - is what it is
weather bug - even though its always raining, i still like to know

because i cant limit myself to just 5, here are a few more i think are worth checking out:

sms popup - custom sms notification
missed call - custom missed call notification (also does sms and others)
Mabilo - easily add mp3 ringtones (granted they're premade but its quick and easy to get an MP3 from top artists on your phone)
tv.com - watch tv on your phone (while we wait for flash and hulu hopefully)
barcode scanner - for finding better deals while shopping

ok im done sharing for now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones