1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Top speaker distortion....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by behrprofl, Apr 29, 2021.

1. behrprofl

behrprofl Member

I've had this phone for over a year now. I've always noticed this audio issue but never actually looked into it.

When we I'm listening music, podcast, movie, anything, the top speaker, above the camera, crackles when at the highest volume. My wife and son have the same phone and it does it on theirs as well. From what I can find online, almost everyone has experienced the same thing. Is there a fix? What is causing this issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sounds like the speaker is been overdriven. I guess any fix would need to have a design modification from Samsung, or maybe they would just limit the maximum volume in software?

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Turn down 2 clicks. That will help.

puppykickr, ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Phone speakers can only handle so much before they are overdriven. Any brand, be it Android or iPhone.
    Personally I play all of my music via Bluetooth to some decent Bluetooth speakers. The higher the wattage, the better it can handle higher volumes.

Good luck with your issue.

svim and ocnbrze like this.
  5. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Avoid using maximum volume, that's just more than the speaker can handle. Use headphones or earbuds, also avoiding maximum sound levels. As @Dannydet referred to, it's just a common occurrence. Same problem can happen with stereo consoles, car sound systems, music concerts, etc. Your phones are no different.

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

when i want to listen to music from my phone(note 10+ 5G), i use either a bluetooth speaker or my samsung ear buds........you can get some small but pretty good speakers for relatively cheap. i never use the speakers on the phone. i find they are not very loud nor good to listen to that way.

Dannydet likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9825 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews