1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Torn between 2 products! I would love some help

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by mmac3434, Feb 8, 2011.

1. mmac3434

mmac3434 Newbie

I am torn between these 2 products. I have an older car with no AUX input on the radio. Also, the radio spits out all 4 cassette adapters I bought.

Heres the 2 products:

Motorola MOTOROKR T505
    Amazon.com: Motorola T505 Bluetooth Portable In-Car Speakerphone: Cell Phones & Accessories

OR

GOgroove FlexSMART X2 ADVANCED
    Amazon.com: GOgroove FlexSMART X2 ADVANCED Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging, Music Control and Hands-Free Calling Capability for ANDROID, iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Smartphones: Electronics

I have seen many reviews of each online and both are reviewed highly. Before i pull the trigger on one or the other was just curious if any one on the forum has experience with one or both. I have an EVO by the way

THANKS

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tannazia

tannazia Lurker

I don't think you will be happy with either of these solutions to be honest.Just for the reason on the audio quality.

Try to make every effort to come up with a wired solution as that will produce the richest playback through your speakers.

I realize your deck doesn't have an AUX port, and sales reps will sell you garbage to make a commision but avoid the bs and do it right the first time.

I bought a faily inexpensive deck with AUX/Ipod port and connected it to my device. When I played music or recieved a call, hitting the answer with speaker on allowed me to have the caller going through my stereo speakers. How cool is that?

You could go with bluetooth as well but I am not very impressed with the quality. Yes, I am picky when it comes to sound.

Good luck and hope it helped. Cheers!

3. drftnr14

drftnr14 Lurker

i would go with the Motorola MOTOROKR T505. nice unit and have seen good reviews for it. just my .02

4. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Android Expert

Jawbone makes a product called the jambox that sounds pretty decent. I am sort of leaning towards what tannazia said, although you WERE trying to play it through a cassette deck, so you probably aren't terribly concerned with pristine audio quality. No offense intended here, just saying. With the amount of money you are going to spend here, I would look for an older unit with aux-in. I specifically got mine for that reason I haven't even used the disc function. New it was $99, used $60 or so. It's an AIWA, not even sure they make head units anymore!

5. 350Rocket

350Rocket Well-Known Member

I have been using good quality headphones in my 83 Caprice until i get around to replacing the factory tape deck. The cassette adaptor does the job but the sound quality isn't very good especially on 28 year old factory speakers. In the summer i will put in a decent stereo with aux input and new speakers.