1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

TORQUE App Question

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Fletcher34, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Fletcher34

Fletcher34 Lurker
    None

Mar 16, 2016
    Male
    Does anybody know if the Torque app can read/scan the stored codes/history of the vehicle even if the Check Engine Light isn't on? In other words if my check engine light comes on for a while but then goes off, I want to know what the code was. I know some readers can show the history but some cheaper ones cannot.

Advertisement

2. Fox Mulder

VIP Member

Feb 19, 2012
    NYC
    Yes, it can. If the light has gone out and the code remains in history it will show up in Torque when you scan for codes. This assumes you haven't disconnected the battery or done an electronic reset, either of those actions will erase the code history.

Mikestony likes this.
  3. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    I think that's the case even for the free version of Torque (which is what I use) and the other OBDII reader apps that I've tried, because I think it's mostly an issue about what the car's computer presents more than being about what the OBDII apps reads & displays.

For me the hard part was finding a cheap (Bluetooth) OBDII dongle that works with all of my cars. I had a cheap one that worked well for several years but I gave it to my brother, thinking that I could easily buy another cheap one for myself. But then I tried about 4 different cheap models that looked like THIS, THIS, THIS, & THIS but they didn't work with most of my cars. Finally, I got the Konnwei KW902 and it worked with all of my cars.

#3 RazzMaTazz, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016