• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Torrentfu is AMAZING!

I'm the developer of Torrent-fu. Let me start off by saying thanks for all the great comments about the app, I'm glad you guys like it. :)

hmm so i gotta do some port forwarding tomorrow but the only problem is im using a mac and i downloaded utorrent but theres no options for "WebUI" to set up a username and pass..
anyone set this up on mac?

uTorrent for Mac doesn't have the WebUI yet. I'm guessing they will eventually. I have tested Transmission + MacOS + Torrent-fu and it works great.

Thanks again for all the support!

Upvote 0
I'm the developer of Torrent-fu. Let me start off by saying thanks for all the great comments about the app, I'm glad you guys like it. :)

uTorrent for Mac doesn't have the WebUI yet. I'm guessing they will eventually. I have tested Transmission + MacOS + Torrent-fu and it works great.

Thanks again for all the support!

Thanks for chiming in! And thank you for the great app! I use it all the time. I'm rarely at home when i think of something i want to download, so torrent-fu is perfect for me.

Have you developed any other Android apps?

Upvote 0
I have been working on my Droid for 2 days trying desperately to get TorrentFu working on my Mac (OSX 10.5.8), with AirPort Extreme and Transmission and it is driving me crazy! I have the Transmission app set up fine and it connects to my internet page also with no problem. The issue is getting my phone to see my Macbook! I got my outside IP from myipaddress.com and I have tried mapping ports 9091, 57109, 6881 and 8080 with Port Map and ALL give a green light. I have enabled the NAT and even setup port forwarding via Airport Utility for the same ports shown above and NOTHING works!!! I still can't get my phone to connect!

Someone, anyone...PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance.

G.

Upvote 0
torrent-fu works great.

only one thing, though.

when you search for torrents...i wish they were displayed differently.
it's real bland and they look the same.

does mobile formatting change that?

edit: no it does not change anything.
only the press and hold window is displayed in full web mode instead of its mobile formatting.

Upvote 0
Please elaborate on how you got private trackers to work, thanks!

It doesn't work flawlessly with private sites like torrentleech, but what you do is use the internet browser just as you would on your computer and download the torrent, then when you go to open it, it gives you the option to use torrent-fu which then sends it to your computer.

Reactions: Jim255
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones