• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TOSHIBA THRIVE FAULTY HARDWARE & O.S ISSUES

For the second time since I purchased my Thrive, it has crashed. Less than one month out of warranty it failed to turn on and after getting it diagnosed by Toshiba support, the Operating System Restore had to be replaced and cost me $203.00. Now a little over 18 months later, the same thing has happened and the cost is now $252.00. Spoke with Toshiba support and their attitude is "..this appears to be a hardware issue...your only resolution is to pay for the repair or purchase a new tablet." Just curious to know if anyone else out there is experiencing any faulty hardware or O.S. problems.

And incidentally, ..I would have thought TOSHIBA would have MUCH better customer service. It's not like the previous repair service was not on file or could not be verified. They could have at least offered to pay a percentage (if not all) for the 2nd repair or offer me a discount on a new tablet....Maybe there should be a recall.... Definitely not purchasing another...moving over to iPad.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones