• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

vce2005

Android Expert
Jun 29, 2012
Clovis, NM
Hi Everyone,

well, I heard a lot of talks regarding FileExplorers ( with and without root ), but I really never heard anything about TotalCommander !! I knew about it from it's desktop version, but never heard anything about the Android version.

Hey guys, that's the BEST FileExplorer for rooted and non-rooted phones in my opinion. And you can download FTP add-on, LAN add-on and WebDEV add-on, all free on the market.

Works very well with FTP, great to access files on the desktop via WLAN....

I really like it a lot !

Any opinions ? Like pro and cons ????

Not sure about Norton Commander, since it was, I believe a DOS program. Well, Total Commander is actually a advanced File Explorer for several plattforms and not like Norton Commander which was more like a system tool.

But you should try the Android version of Total Commander.... I tried several root File Explorers, and while I always liked the MiUi, also incl. in CTMod, I have to say, that Total Commander with the three addons is superb !! I love it.

BTW, I am not associated in any way with Total Commander, I just found on an old CD a copy of a even older version for PC and thought I might search for it and found the Android version and was surprised.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones