1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

TOTAL GOV FAILURE-THE COVID 19 EDITION!!!

Discussion in 'Politics and Current Affairs' started by ocnbrze, Mar 15, 2020.

1. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Isn't China bigger than the UE or the US?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

China is the most populous nation on the planet, with a population of ~1.4 billion (though India, which is smaller geographically, is not far behind and I suspect will overtake before long). The EU has a total population of about 0.5 billion, and the US a bit over 0.3 billion.

mikedt, ocnbrze and dontpanicbobby like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

really trump? really???now you say this? you started this. you have no one to blame for it, but you. i mean WTF!!!!!!!

mikedt likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Of course not everyone follows POTUS45 rhetoric.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

German Measles
    Spanish Flu
    Chinese Virus
    American HIV

ocnbrze and dontpanicbobby like this.
  6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

U.S. Aids, U.S. Aids used to be a good thing. ...sigh...
    Somebody asked me why I still eat Chinese food. I told them it's nutritious.

Hadron, ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

ocnbrze and Hadron like this.
  8. ocnbrze

plus i do not think they officially identified it and gave it an official name yet.

mikedt likes this.
  9. ocnbrze

10. ocnbrze

11. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

They just called them like they have always done.

Never saw any outrage from CNN calling it the Chinese virus.

12. ocnbrze

again......like i said they did that because there was no official name from the World Health Organization. they are the ones who officially track and help respond to virus outbreaks. I agree there should have been an outrage in calling it the Chinese virus.

even so everybody is now saying STOP calling it so. the president knows this. it only incites hatred and violence. in the youtube clip, he is now calling a stop to the violence.....i think it is a little too late if you ask me.

mikedt likes this.
  13. mikedt

mikedt 你好

They're not calling it that now though. From what I've seen CNN is now using "coronavirus" or "Covid-19", and not Trump rhetoric.

dontpanicbobby and ocnbrze like this.
  14. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Wasn't this Donald Trump's own writing, in one of his recent speeches? The change made presumably to suit his own agenda.
    Screenshot_20200325_080903_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

ocnbrze likes this.
  15. ocnbrze

yep!!!!!!

now he(trump) wants to open all business for Easter regardless of the pandemic........extremely RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/24/coronavirus-strategy-economy-debate/

again looks like trump and his allies are ignoring science......fail!!!!!!!!!

please do not listen to what he or his buddies say.....stay home be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikedt likes this.
  16. ocnbrze

......like this guy:

how is this guy in governement?

please do not listen to this guy. FAIL!!!!!!!!!

17. ocnbrze

yeah that is all we need for Easter is packed churches while this pandemic is running rapid.

18. Hadron

VIP Member

Both infections and deaths in the US are currently doubling every 3 days (I suspect death figures are more reliable than infection, though both will be underestimated to differing degrees). From the John Hopkins data my estimate is that the US will overtake China for total infections in about 2 days' time and Italy shortly after, unless trends change very quickly.

Trump cannot be unaware of these figures: he will have been briefed repeatedly. He may be too weak to accept them and face up to the consequences, or he may feel that his interests are better served by protecting the Dow than the lives of American citizens. I don't feel in a position to judge the relative importance of those 2 factors in determining his actions. But he will be aware of the facts, even if he chooses to reject them.

To talk of relaxing restrictions by Easter is, quite literally, lethally irresponsible.

tommo47, ocnbrze and dontpanicbobby like this.
  19. Hadron

VIP Member

Seems I was optimistic: the US is now the country with the most confirmed covid cases.

Meanwhile you-know-who is still talking about relaxing restrictions soon...

ocnbrze likes this.
  20. ocnbrze

.....and still refuses to not call it the Chinese virus.

yeah i think he talked to all 50 governors asking to making a call to stay at home on a county by county basis.....utterly ridiculous and irresponsoible.

PLEASE PEOPLE DONT LISTEN TO YOUR GOVERNOR OR trump. STAY AT HOME!!!!! SOCIAL DISTANCING IS PROVING TO WORKS

Hadron likes this.
  21. ocnbrze

cease and desist letters?

22. ocnbrze

uggggg the frustration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so now we final put into place the Defense Production Act.....that's 2 weeks late!!!!! we should have done that long time ago!!!! and now trump is expecting better treatment and praise from the governors, if they want to be able to get supplies and help from the White House. who the eeffffff does he think he is? this is not a dictatorship!!!!!!!! in his briefing yesterday he outs the governors from Washington and Michigan and told pence not to talk to the people. i just do not get this guy. he is killing Americans!!!!!!

mikedt likes this.
  23. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Perhaps Donald Trump taking a leaf out of Xi Jinping's book. The president for life of the Chinese Communist Party. Foxconn went from making iPhones, to making surgical masks very quickly.

ocnbrze likes this.
  24. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

"After 100 million masks were used in the H1N1 outbreak in 2009, the Obama administration was strongly recommended to replete the masks, but the advice was not heeded. Charles Johnson, president of the International Safety Equipment Association, said that “our association is unaware of any major effort to restore the stockpile to cover that drawdown.” The outbreak “caused a 2- to 3-year backlog orders for the N95 variety,” Bloomberg News noted, adding that “the stockpile distributed about three-quarters of its inventory and didn’t build back the supply.”

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/lac...ks-found-to-be-fault-of-obama-administration/

dontpanicbobby likes this.