• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Total idiot needin help!

CharlieEm

Lurker
Oct 19, 2014
Hi there,

Apologies in advance for my complete cluelessness, my technical skill level is distinctly 'average'...

I was given an Android MX box last Christmas and apart from the odd glitch had no issues with it. I was able to use XBMC to watch TV and films through my bedroom TV, the downstairs TV, or my boyfriend's TV with no problems - however, one day I plugged the box into the TV in my bedroom (which had worked before with no issues at all) and for some reason it wouldn't play and I keep seeing the message "Can not display this mode. Change computer display input to 1440x900 at 60Hz"

I have absolutely no clue how to do this. I've tried all sorts to figure it out, I've been through all the display settings I can find on the main box menu and the XBMC menu but can't find an option to change the resolution to this setting anywhere... The display will work if I plug it into a computer monitor, but not my TV. I feel like I've trawled through every setting I can find and got nowhere, does anybody have any ideas that might help me?

Thank you...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones