1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Total Newb here.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bacchus Plateau, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Bacchus Plateau

None

Dec 23, 2013
    Washington, the State.
    Supposed to introduce myself, so here goes. Bonus points for those who can figure out the username. :) I recently got my first smartphone, a Galaxy S3 on Virgin Mobile, and found this site when searching for tips to root the phone. What I found was a great help. I have more questions, but I'll ask in the appropriate place.

I'm fairly techy, just haven't gotten into the smart phone thing until now. Have to be careful because I don't have to budget to buy phones if ruin them, so I'll take it slow and do my research.

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Welcome to Android Forums Bacchus Plateau. Congrats on the new S3 We do have a discussion area for your phone that you will likely enjoy. Each device has it's own root sub forum. I hope you find the information you seek. Have fun and here is a link to the S3 area: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Forums

3. jbbaker

jbbaker Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2013
    Hey Everyone who has a Samsung Galaxy 2 Tablet! I found the answer to my question! (Yeah for good old Google)

It was suggested going to the 'application' icon, choose Screensavers and there's a setting for the darned thing to play endlessly. Uncheck the box and vola! It stopped!

Frankly, I didn't check it in the first place. These 'machines' are taking over our lives!

But I'm happy it was figured out without spending a fortune on a 'computer expert'.

JB

4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Welcome jbbaker!

Glad to have you here and I hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum.