• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Total Newb

Hey all... Brand new here to the world of droid..

My last phone was just a phone, not too smart and over 4yrs old. So when I decided to upgrade, T-mobile said all the right things and BAM, I am holding a new HTC G2 smartphone and being intro'd into the world of apps and what a "phone" can really do today.

I just read up on rooting.. I got insurance, so I think I might try that... LOL Anyone have any words of advice?

Welcome to the Android Forums!

I'm not sure this is your intent but it sounds like it from reading your post: Insurance is not necessarily going to replace your phone if you brick it while loading things like custom ROM's. Customizing phones is fun but most carriers take no responsibility for anything that happens to your phone as a result of the customizations.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones