1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Total Noob Rom Q's

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Doyena, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Doyena

Doyena Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    Wealth Management
    Hi there... so i've rooted my phone and I want it to be faster... I gather "flashing a new Rom" is the way. I have backed up all my user apps and system data but have a feeling the system data that is useful will be provided in the flashed rom? also I do not have 4g heck not even 3g so can I put the new ROM on my sd card via my pc? I seriously need a step by step in absolute dummy terms ha... sorry I am really trying to learn :eek:

Advertisement

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Your system data will be rebuilt after you flash a rom. The data is like your apps, your app settings, your log ins, the way you have your home screens/ icons configured, your volume settings, display settings, etc etc etc.

Before you flash a custom rom you want to back all your current stuff up in CWR, of coarse once CWR (ClockWork Recovery) is flashed to your phone, as a backup/ safety net. Just in case of that "If something happens" while flashing a new rom.

Yes you can put the new rom on your sd card with your computer, Its highly suggested to do it that way because alot of times when done over the phone youll get a bad download. Its also a lot quicker.

Doyena, Sergio19r and GTOgirl like this.
Tags: