• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Totally bummed but open to advice

johnchavens

Lurker
Aug 26, 2010
So I just left my Storm 2 to get the Droid2 because I'm a huge fan of Augmented Reality and desperately needed to get my hands on the AR apps that Droid has. And for about an hour, I was PUMPED. Ran Layar and other apps but realized the battery died almost instantly. Then when the battery was charged and I tried to just access YouTube on the train this morning, I couldn't see a video. Saw the red swirly circle (my nemesis) for about three minutes. Updated my wi-fi settings, etc, and still couldn't get on. So not only was the froyo OS not "lighting fast," it simply doesn't work.

Then later today I was trying to show off the Yelp Monocle AR app and couldn't get the phone to recognize my location. I rebooted TWICE and still no luck. Seriously, what the hell? PLUS I didn't realize that you can't search Outlook email which is frankly ludicrous.

Sorry to sound bitter but I was SOOOOOO pumped for this phone. Perhaps I should have waited for more Droid X's to be avail, but I like the external keyboard for typing emails WHEN I CAN GET FREAKING ONLINE.

Any videos I can watch? Advice? Refunds? Apologies? Jokes? You can reply here or at my email as long as you're constructive: johnchavens@gmail.com. Thanks in advance and I am sincerely hoping to have people tell me how to find fixes so I can get back to my Droid joy I enjoyed for about 55 minutes.

Don't really think this thread belongs in the Root Subforum. Anywho, there are numerous threads about the battery life of these phones and how you have to "calibrate" them over time to build up the battery life. I was in the same boat you are, but after a week I can easily go a day and a half with no charging and pretty moderate use. Just give your battery time to build up and you'll be happy. As for the reception issue, can't help you there.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a lot of issue that are uncommon for most. I suggest you try a factory reset and maybe that'll nip it in the butt.

Go to Settings > Privacy Settings > Factory Data Reset

It'll set you phone back to how it was when you first bought it. Any apps and contacts you've added will show up again after the factory reset when you sign back in with your Google account. Everything syncs to your Google account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones