• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vorbis

Mar 24, 2011
UK
Hey folks,

I have a question regarding the touch pads on the Xperia Play. I've not played many games that use it as my main reason for getting one was for SNES and Mega Drive emulation. Today I purchased Nova 2 (many Gameloft games are 85% off on Android Market at the moment). The left touch pad controls forward/back/strafe left/strafe right. The right touch pad controls your look direction. Now the odd problem I seem to have is when I hold a direction on the left pad it goes in that direction (as expected). When I hold a direction on the right pad it doesn't. I need to keep swiping my thumb from center to right to turn 180 degrees to the right for example rather than just holding right. Is this normal? If not is there some way of calibrating the touch pads?

Can someone that has played Nova 2 on the Play let me know how their right touch pad works?

Vorb

Every game I have tried so far has pathetic right touch pad controls. How can the left touch pad work perfectly and the right touch pad be garbage? Nova 2 and Modern Combat 3 are pretty much unplayable. Dead Space has the same control system. Design flaw? Which games do work properly?

Upvote 0
Every game I have tried so far has pathetic right touch pad controls. How can the left touch pad work perfectly and the right touch pad be garbage? Nova 2 and Modern Combat 3 are pretty much unplayable. Dead Space has the same control system. Design flaw? Which games do work properly?

I actually thought the right and left analog controls worked perfectly with Dead Space. That was one of the great features of the game for me anyway.

I also find that they work well with Shadowgun, however, not as good as Dead Space. Shadowgun's controls seem "over sensitive" and take getting use to while Dead Space was almost no learning curve.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones