1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Touch Pad Query

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vorbis, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Vorbis

Vorbis Well-Known Member

Hey folks,

I have a question regarding the touch pads on the Xperia Play. I've not played many games that use it as my main reason for getting one was for SNES and Mega Drive emulation. Today I purchased Nova 2 (many Gameloft games are 85% off on Android Market at the moment). The left touch pad controls forward/back/strafe left/strafe right. The right touch pad controls your look direction. Now the odd problem I seem to have is when I hold a direction on the left pad it goes in that direction (as expected). When I hold a direction on the right pad it doesn't. I need to keep swiping my thumb from center to right to turn 180 degrees to the right for example rather than just holding right. Is this normal? If not is there some way of calibrating the touch pads?

Can someone that has played Nova 2 on the Play let me know how their right touch pad works?

Vorb

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Yes it's normal, some games have this set up, some have a setup where it works like you described on the left stick for both.

It's just the way the developers code the game to how the way they think it will work best for the game.

Vorbis likes this.
  3. Vorbis

Vorbis Well-Known Member

Every game I have tried so far has pathetic right touch pad controls. How can the left touch pad work perfectly and the right touch pad be garbage? Nova 2 and Modern Combat 3 are pretty much unplayable. Dead Space has the same control system. Design flaw? Which games do work properly?

4. NCirie

NCirie Newbie

I actually thought the right and left analog controls worked perfectly with Dead Space. That was one of the great features of the game for me anyway.

I also find that they work well with Shadowgun, however, not as good as Dead Space. Shadowgun's controls seem "over sensitive" and take getting use to while Dead Space was almost no learning curve.

5. Vorbis

Vorbis Well-Known Member

But you still need to keep swiping the right touch pad left to turn left 180 degrees rather than just holding left. This is what I don't understand.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews