1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Touch Problems with Eris

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chncmdlck, Sep 26, 2010.

1. chncmdlck

chncmdlck Active Member

May 23, 2010
    United States
    Ok, I am running KaosFroyo v34 and every now and then my touch goes crazy. When typing on the keyboard, you press "a" for example, and it types "a,r,p,d" and games/anything else on the phone do the same thing. Scrolling = epic fail. I have reflashed the ROM, tried previous versions, and calibrated too. HELP!!!:):):)

Advertisement

2. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Male
    I make webs.
    Orange, California
    Are you using the Droid X (multi-touch) keyboard? For me, having that installed and running totally messed up my touch screen. Every move was jerky, and it occasionally stopped responding to touch altogether. When I uninstall the Droid X keyboard and rebooted, it went back to normal.

If that's not it, perhaps try a different ROM to see if it's still happening? Maybe your touch screen actually has a physical problem.

chncmdlck likes this.
  3. chncmdlck

chncmdlck Active Member

May 23, 2010
    United States
    Thx! I'll try that. I'm also gonna try flashing the new Kaos and a different ROM to see if that works. :)

4. Podivin

Podivin Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Another question would be - does this only happen when the phone is plugged in? If so it sounds like a problem with the USB port on the phone.

5. chncmdlck

chncmdlck Active Member

May 23, 2010
    United States
    ok, I didn't uninstall the keyboard. I just switched to the HTC_IME Mod and it works fine!!! Thanks for all the help it is greatly appreciated!!!:D:D:D