1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Touch randomly registers touches by itself

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xulfiali, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Xulfiali

Xulfiali Lurker
    None

Sep 8, 2016
    Male
    My s7 edge is a couple of months old but it's quite new, due to careful use and cases, it is not rooted yet,
    Few week before I notice a very strange problem,
    I noticed that sometimes the touch stops to respond as good as it should, so I installed touch testing app and also enabled the show touch option in developer tools.
    Indeed my hypothesis was correct. Although It seems to be totally random and when you turn the screen off by button and turn it back on the problem is gone, this does not happen very often, may be twice or once a day and even less. Now I emailed to samsung and they told me to send the device to their repaircenter but i was wondering if it can be a software problem, its also important to note that the device has updated just last week and the problem is there, its not even a problem but just a nuisance and most importantly I don't want to end up with dead phone. I wonder if it happened to anyone else.

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Is there a screen protector? I know of ghost touches being caused by screen protectors after a while of usage.

3. Xulfiali

Xulfiali Lurker
    None

Sep 8, 2016
    Male
    Yes this was my first guess that it might be my glass protector but once it happened I removed the glass protector, just to see if it had any role in it. The spot where the screen was touched kept on 'being touched' even without the protector.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Have you tried a system cache wipe?

5. Xulfiali

Xulfiali Lurker
    None

Sep 8, 2016
    Male
    I was think of a complete system wipe.I will do that today and report back.

6. Xulfiali

Xulfiali Lurker
    None

Sep 8, 2016
    Male
    I did wipe and until now I have not notice that problem but I notice that sensitivity of left side of the screen is not very good and I am sure this not due to the protector. But everything is okay when I turn the screen off and on again.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.