1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Touch screen calibration

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tommy_ed, Jun 5, 2010.

1. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Android Expert

does anyone know if there is a way to re-calibrate our touch screen? Mine seems a little innacurate with robo-defense lately :D

2. greyhndz

greyhndz Well-Known Member

Did you try settings --> language & keyboard -> text input -> calibration tool?

3. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Android Expert

I just did the calibration tool for the keyboard and it helped my typing accuracy a bit. For some reason, the bottom left corner of my screen is the most unresponsive. I have to tap the app a couple of times or press it really hard just for it to launch. This never happened on 1.5.

4. greyhndz

greyhndz Well-Known Member

It may sound strange, and I'm by no means a smartphone geek (;)) but, especially after calibration, I found that the harder I pressed, the less responsive the screen would be. When I used an extremely light touch (not even a tap), the responsiveness would be great.

Now, maybe someone who knows what they're doing will chime in. :D

5. thenestor

thenestor Android Expert

The calibration just saves a pixel offset setting (like "2px left, 1px up"). If you're using a custom keyboard, you can sometimes change the pixel offset manually. It doesn't affect sensitivity AFAIK.

6. dreamer420

dreamer420 Lurker

my eris is doing this as well. at home screen i cant press the phone button or the apps button on the bottom left. i also cant press the spacebar when typing, unless i turn the phone sideways.
    i bought it used, so i cant just swap it out can i? anyway to fix this, other than replacing the digitizer?

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews