• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touch Screen Issue

Hi guys, this is my first post in this forum and it's because I'm having a hard time with my HTC 10. I originally got the phone back in June and was very happy with it. However, within about a month, it began restarting randomly and getting stuck in a restart loop for days at a time. This week, I turned the phone in for a replacement model and I'm already having an issue with the new phone. The top 1/2-inch of the touch screen seems to be faulty. Touching there either results in no input or will open the notification center, despite touching below it. Has anybody else run into this issue? Does anyone have a fix, or should I get another replacement from Verizon?

Hi guys, this is my first post in this forum and it's because I'm having a hard time with my HTC 10. I originally got the phone back in June and was very happy with it. However, within about a month, it began restarting randomly and getting stuck in a restart loop for days at a time. This week, I turned the phone in for a replacement model and I'm already having an issue with the new phone. The top 1/2-inch of the touch screen seems to be faulty. Touching there either results in no input or will open the notification center, despite touching below it. Has anybody else run into this issue? Does anyone have a fix, or should I get another replacement from Verizon?

report to the seller about this.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Android Forums bostonsports98. Have you tried the screen after booting into safe mode? I found this over on Digital Trends while I was researching your problem.

GLITCH: STUTTERING OR UNRESPONSIVE SCREEN

• Try activating safe mode by holding down the Power button and then tapping and holding on Power off before selecting Reboot to safe mode. You’ll see the safe mode option in the bottom left. If your issue is gone, then you know a third-party app is to blame. Restart your HTC 10 to get out of safe mode. You can either remove apps one-by-one and test again, or you can perform a factory reset and reinstall selectively. If you do decide to perform a factory reset, then back up everything first, then go to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset and tap Ok.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones