1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Touch Screen issues on Droid Incredible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by whiskeymike42, May 8, 2010.

1. whiskeymike42

whiskeymike42 New Member

May 8, 2010
    I just sent my new Droid Incredible back because my touch screen became possessed on day 7 of ownership. It would go haywire just turning it on and would either not respond to touches or would randomly hit buttons.

I went to Verizon and without any questions just said they would send me a new phone.

They said they had not heard of this issue before but they decided to ship me a new one way to quickly.

Anyone know if this is an issue on the Droid Incredible

WM

Advertisement

2. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Cali
    I read about someone applying their screen protector while the screen was on (ur supposed to leave it off for 2-12 hours) and it got messed up like u explained.

3. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Operations Manager
    Rochester, NY
    haven't seen any "naturally" occurring issues like this. The one that pkmn is speaking of was user error.

4. zamugustar

zamugustar Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    I read it happens sometimes when something gets under the optical joystick, blow some air into it to clean it out and it usually stops.

5. neelmehta

neelmehta Well-Known Member

After doing a hard reset to get my vibration notifications to work, it started doing that. I wouldn't touch anything and things would get pressed. The most annoying was when I was entering text, the cursor would automatically move back a few letters. I did another hard reset and it seems to have fixed the problem.

6. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009

+1