1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Touch Screen Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CalBearsFan95, May 20, 2011.

1. CalBearsFan95

I've owned my HTC Incredible for a while, always taken care of, never dropped, no bangs, bumps, or bruises - no scratches on the screen.

Lately I've noticed that every now and then touching the screen wouldn't work...wasn't a big issue, but lately it's been happening a lot.

The only way to get control was to hit the power button (screen off), hit it again (screen on), and unlock the phone.

Well, in the last few days the phone got a mind of it's own and started opening up apps all on it's own. At first I thought it was random, but then I realized that regardless of what home screen I was on, the phone was "clicking" itself in the upper-right corner. Sometimes a click, sometimes a click hold, but now it's enough to where the phone is barely useable.

No modifications made, no screen protector getting in the way, just a Seido case that shouldn't interfere.

Save for seeing if I'm still under warranty and losing the phone while it gets fixed, any other options? Thanks for the help.

Edit - ahh @#$(, just saw that there's an Incredible Support sub forum. Could this be moved please? Many thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

There are multi touch apps in the market that will tell you if the screen is registering a phantom touch. May aid in narrowing down the issue.

3. olbriar

olbriar  

You might try cleaning your trackball. It sometimes gathers grime and dust and replicates the conditions you speak of. Best of luck.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews