• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touch screen issues

rohitmitra

Lurker
Sep 19, 2011
I bought an xperia x8 2 monthsback. Recently I started to get problems with the touch screen. It basically had a mind of its own and I couldnt use the phone. The problems ranged from entering in the completely wrong key to bringing up wrong programs, phoning numbers i didnt select, entering in wrong letters on the keypad. Also I couldnt even swipe the phone on from the start screen. :mad:

Please suggest me anything other than returning it back....

Reactions: migs0501
Run a software repair using either PC Companion or Sony Ericsson Update Services Aino? - Update Service - Downloads - Mobile phones - Support - Sony Ericsson ignore the fact that it says Aino, you get to select your X8 once the programme is running on your PC.

Bear in mind that it will wipe your phone back to factory settings but if the problem is a software glitch then it should resolve it. If not then you are going to have to get it looked at by a technician. Make sure you back up your contacts / sms etc before. You will have to reinstall your apps afterwards too.

Reactions: rohitmitra
Upvote 0
Run a software repair using either PC Companion or Sony Ericsson Update Services Aino? - Update Service - Downloads - Mobile phones - Support - Sony Ericsson ignore the fact that it says Aino, you get to select your X8 once the programme is running on your PC.

Bear in mind that it will wipe your phone back to factory settings but if the problem is a software glitch then it should resolve it. If not then you are going to have to get it looked at by a technician. Make sure you back up your contacts / sms etc before. You will have to reinstall your apps afterwards too.
Thanks a lot, Rosered. I have still not tried that what you have mentioned but just wanted to mention you that the keys act if they are pressed even if I move my finger over the keys for as much as 1 inch away. and even if I press the icons at the top part of the screen the bottom part of the screen's icons work...Please suggest...

Reactions: migs0501
Upvote 0
hai rosered, i have aquestion, 2 days back i upgrad my x8 to mini cm7-2.0.7, everything run smoothly no lag no reboot, last nite iswitch off my phone and this morning when i switvh on my phone, i cant unlock the phone, it seem like there no sensor at all, once igot to unlocked it but i cant touch anything, no scrolling, but the back, menu, volume all working. did i brick my phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones