• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touch Screen Keyboard issues...

I have been having issues for a while now... my on screen keyboard wont type. As I start to type something (in both portrait and landscape mode) the spell correct shows what I am typing, but the field remains blank. It takes me a random amount of time and tries to get it to work. I'll re-select the keyboard for an input, touch the area multiple times, press the auto correct word, close the app and re-enter it... and sometimes, randomly, it works. Meanwhile the physical keyboard always works...

Stock Droid with the newest OTA, non-routed, and stock keyboard.

Also at certain points in the day the phones dialer will take 30-60seconds to respond, making phone calls a pain to do. I am very minimal on my apps with nothing excessive or "useless" to me. I do not want to do a factory reset... please help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones