• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touch screen no worky- not updated to 2.1

Hi everybody

I've been hanging around here getting educated since Dec'09 right after I got my Hero. I have to say that I think this is a great forum with a good mix of quality info and smart-ass holier than thou techie annoyance angst.;)

Anyway I have really enjoyed this phone, in fact I liked it so much I bought 5, everybody got one :rolleyes:

I've been reading about all the problems or perceived problems that everyone has been having with the update and I have decided to wait another week or two to update and also cause I just know that there's an EVO lurking in the near future

Get up this morning, check my dropbox on the hero, do the normal morning routine head off to the jobsite and uh oh touch screen is not responding to touch...at all

I removed the Zagg protector and it made no difference.

I tried everything reboot, battery out, etc
Whatever it is it is going through my battery, It discharged my Mugen 1800 battery which normally lasts 2 days...in about 2 hours.

I checked and couldn't find anything running. Got back to the shop and put the original battery back in just out of curiosity and it has discharged to about 50% in about 20 mins

I called Sprint to bitch..err I mean, inform them so they are sending a replacement under warranty but was curious if anybody had any ideas or was experiencing this. I actually haven't had any problems with any of them until this.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones