• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help touch screen not responding to both fingers

Lohung

Android Enthusiast
Dec 15, 2011
Pittsburgh
seems like when i am playing games like MC3 or Backstab.. i can run but not look around at the same time so i have to like run to a corner, stop moving, then turn my hear to the right and keep running ... it does this on almost every game i have.. anyone else have this problem

Is the phone even registering two fingers?

Check using "Settings -> Developer Options -> Pointer Location". That should bring up an overlay to show all the touches the screen is registering and exactly where. Then trying your games. You should see two (or more) crosshair looking things under your fingers. If its showing each of your fingers, then we can rule out a hardware problem.

And you probably already checked this but make sure the screen is clean.

Upvote 0
i noticed the same thing. i will often hold the caps lock key on the keyboard to input capital letters. I googled for a fix to the problem. after flashing the franco kernel all was well. hope it works out for you.

it should be noted that the problem has returned for me. i flashed the kernel again. problem was solved again. i don't know if the problem comes back after restarting the phone. perhaps someone could do some research on this.

Reactions: Lohung
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones