• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touch screen quits responding

Bonesntx

Lurker
Jul 22, 2018
Periodically the touch screen quits working.

After Motorola help about a month ago with no solution reached aside from get new phone.

As well sometimes the screen goes blank. Then a "generic" home screen comes on(no icons shown). Cannot enter security code.
I have to press power button and then generic home screen again but I can swipe it and enter my security code.

Thanks for input.
Kind of troubleshooting 101 tips there.

Pretty sure battery is only removable by factory techs.
Old suggestion of technical support for years. Wish I could do it on this phone.

Since recent factory reset I have no app installed.

I need to get just a little more out of this phone and then...onward... another phone.

Upvote 0
I ASSUME the phone(s) in question are not Rooted.)

I am a little confused about your posts …
Is there a problem on one phone or two?
Have you done a Factory Data Reset on the current phone and still have the problem?

If multiple phones … I would suspect a problem with the environment in which they are operating.
If a single phone after a Factory Data Reset with no new apps added … it would appear to be a hardware problem and replacement is needed.

The approach on a single phone …
Wipe Cache Partition … deleting all temporary data and not touching installed apps or settings.
If there is still a problem … Factory Data Reset … removing everything that was installed.
If there is still a problem … replace the hardware.

(The old "pull the battery" is essentially a Factory Date Reset.)

. Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones