1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Touch Screen Randomly Freezes

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    Hey, everyone! I've been having a very weird and unique problem with my tablet, and I honestly don't know who to turn to. I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong subforum, I probably am, but I couldn't find a better place to post my question. Anyway, my problem is that my tablet (a Lenovo A3300) randomly freezes up, or rather, its touch screen does. Let's imagine that, for the sake of this explanation, I'm playing a game where I need to swipe left or right to dodge obstacles. Randomly, the touch screen will just stop working, and while the game will continue to play, the character will not dodge the obstacles no matter how much I swipe, which will inevitably result in a game over. There's absolutely no rhyme or reason to these freeze-ups - sometimes they'll happen every few minutes, sometimes they won't happen at all for hours (or maybe they still happen, but I don't notice them), but pretty much any reflex-based game is completely unplayable on my tablet because of this. The problem has persisted pretty much since I bought it. Does anybody have any idea about what I can do to prevent it?

Advertisement