• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touch screen sensitivity sometimes drops very low?

dvdqnoc

Android Enthusiast
Sep 7, 2009
Sometimes the touchscreen is just fine, but other times it falls in sensitivity. I find myself have to press down hard on the screen in order for it to recognize the touch. This has been the case both with or without a screen protector.

Anyone else experience this? Can this be improved in any way by the future 2.1 update?

The phone has a capacitive reactive screen and responds to the conductance of the skin touching it, there are some situations which will effect this. Cold hands/skin which is usually DRIER may present a problem. Also, anything that may get onto skin possibly could interfere with this performance. I had my hands covered with gypsum dust (sheetrock) lol, while doing a home project and the screen wouldn't respond at all, lol. Also, I have experienced the cold issue too and all I could figure was the dryness, I kept on hand in my pocket (warm) and that hand worked the screen fine.

Lol, just my thoughts...

:ccol:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones