• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touch Screen sensitivity

I am having the opposite problem. I barely touch that darned slider bar and things open up that I have no desire to open... i.e. other functions are engaged. But the slider? It may slide...it may not! It's a crap shoot. Also, when I slide (swipe with finger) the Page UP, it goes flying so far that I miss seeing some data. If you are in a hurry, it can be maddening!

Upvote 0
I am having the opposite problem. I barely touch that darned slider bar and things open up that I have no desire to open... i.e. other functions are engaged. But the slider? It may slide...it may not! It's a crap shoot. Also, when I slide (swipe with finger) the Page UP, it goes flying so far that I miss seeing some data. If you are in a hurry, it can be maddening!

I love the "quirk" in the web browser. i use it to my advantage.
you know to get to the top or bottom of a page with just one swipe :)
it does get annoying when i am reading text and need to go down a tad and it goes flying down.

I took about a week to finally get adjusted to the sensitivity. but i still sometimes flick to hard and have to scroll up.

Upvote 0
Really. Really.. How.. Why.. sigh*
I also am having a hard time switching from the iphone and i was so excited to be done with itunes on my tmobile cracked iphone.

The screen simply has a mind of its on.. The same exact touch will produce wild and random actions on this phone. I guess that with the ridiculous vibrator 'feedback' they were trying to trick the button people that the touch screen is just like a button.. But the rest of us who have been on touch screens for years now, maybe just me, find it ridiculous that you have to break the ice so to speak on the screen before it responds. What the heck!

I hope that this forum is where the first link to the first program that allows you to set the sensitivity (or timing or anything!) is posted.

I think they are calling it captive-touch which must mean that pressing down begins a process where the phone just doesn't know if your going to swipe or press. Very annoying. Documented here a little. Samsung Behold II Review | Business Center | iPhone Central | Macworld .

So a press on the iphone = touch and release in the same spot and every other action is a swip. A press on the b2 = every time unless you interrupt by swiping. Because they time the press length in order for yet another menu to appear, the action of swiping is crippled beyond repair. ugh. I'm so sad and holding both phones wishing the b2 was worthy of knocking off my iphone. I'm a C# developer and really wanted a win-mobile OS but I totally took it for granted that they had enough time to make a friendly OS here.

Evidently they need another decade or so to make a user interface as smooth as the iphone.
Sarcastically => I just don't think there are enough menus and I really like hunting down thirty places to choose the ring/vibe/silent setting.. Thats so cool they didn't' just put sounds in one place so you can rely on the fact that even if you turn the volume off you could still rock a quiet meeting with some email alert or text message. That way they know i'm popular and they aren't annoyed at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones