1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Touch screen Sensitivity

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Simple_fear85, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Simple_fear85

None
    I have had the nexus 7 2013 for about 3 weeks now and I noticed that the screen sometimes doesnt reconize touch. Like I go and touch and app and sometimes it doesnt know I am touch the screen, and then a few tries after it works....is this a known issue for this tablet? other than that it works great!!

Advertisement

2. brosko

brosko Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 25, 2012
    As long as it is not to bad don't worry about it. Mine will do that once or so every couple of hours. After 2 or 3 touches it registers. It's not that bad at all as it could be a lot worse. I have a Samsung tab 3 also and overall it is a much better built and more reliable tablet, with none of the quirks that the n7 has. Don't get me wrong I love the nexus and am actually starting to almost prefer the straight android experience over the Samsung. Its the build quality however that keeps this tablet from being as good as it could be. I went through two before settling on the one I have now. First 2 had horrible light bleed, and the third which I decided to keep is much better, but still has light bleed on the top of screen which basically all of them have to some extent. That is something you really don't see on a Samsung tablet.

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    I would contact Google for an Exchange. I had the same issue with mine. They had a couple of OTA's they claimed would address it but it didn't fix it. They were very friendly and it only took a few minutes on the phone.

I would also get this app free in Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cp.stest

It will let you see where your dead spots are on the screen. Mine was about a 1/4 inch strip running down the left side of the screen. The touches would bunch up at the edges and not register at all in the strip.

[​IMG]

4. Simple_fear85

None
    what would cause this to happen?

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    They decided mine was bad hardware and replaced it.:(

6. Simple_fear85

None
    thats wierd....mine works fabulous without this small issue....what exactly did u do to replace it? did u need reciept? cuz i sure hope i can find mine lol. if this is the case.

I am also going to do that test with the app also just to see, because like i said I have excellent usage with this device besides the every now and then the touch sensitivity is off.

7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    Mine was perfect except for the touchscreen. I had purchased mine from the Play store, so I was able to give them my gmail address and do everything from there. I called Google support number listed in Play.

8. Simple_fear85

None
    Ok here is my issue I bought mine at walmart. I would prefer to deal with google if i had to and not with walmart in my town. they are pretty bad. would I still call google if it all comes down to it? Also what if its not the screen? could it be a simple system factory reset?

9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    Me, I'd replace it one way or another. It should be a warranty swap, so you should be able to go through Google or Asus. You could also do an exchange with Walmart if it is defective I would think.

On mine, I could reproduce the dead spot over and over, so I knew it wasn't going to get better. I was able to email them the screenshot I posted and they immediately offered to replace it. You mileage may vary.

I would do a backup first however, as part of the troubleshooting is a factory data reset which will wipe everything out. This should help with that:
    http://androidforums.com/faqs/697582-backup-routine-us-all.html

10. Simple_fear85

None
    i will do the test and post back later...

11. Simple_fear85

None
    another thing I was thinking. My hands were alittle greesy, and i noticed after i washed them and everything it worked...could this be an issue?