• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touch Screen stops working

azav8ter

Jun 27, 2010
Arizona
Just a heads up. The slide touch screen on our two phones just stopped working. My wife and I both have the slide.

My screen started acting up first when the notifications bar kept sliding down whenever I touch the screen to do anything. It did up and down and then would work. Eventually it stopped working. Tech support was dumbfounded (or just dumb). After every attempt to save it, it is now a BRICK!

My wifes phone is beginning similar behavior. Her screen wont keep the keyboard up after up to 8 attempts. It will begin to work for a while and then the keyboard wont stay up. Soon this will be a brick.

Both phones past warranty period....shocking!

I also found out that the My Touch Line and other T-mobile specific lines have two op systems, androids and T-Mobiles. Takes up twice the space and memory.

Stuck with Tmob, I have moved on to the G2. So far so good, but I am sure with any phone there will be issues. At least now I dont have to worry about Tmob software getting in the way.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones