• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touch Screen Unresponsive

Hoovie

Lurker
Oct 20, 2019
Now I have an LG Stylo 2 Plus and a few months ago the touchscreen went completely unresponsive. I'll tell you what happened.

The phone was severely cracked just to note. I noticed the screen was dirty and without thinking I wiped the screen with some baby wipes. I didn't think about it much because everytime I wiped it, it seemed fine, but this time it just turned off and the screen went crazy and then black. And then it rebooted. It seemed fine but the touch screen stopped working and months later here I am now.

Now, I have been looking for tutorials on the internet and most of them say to hold the power button for about 15 seconds but this phone for some reason doesn't have the feature to reboot like that. You need to use the touchscreen in order to reboot it. So that solution is out the window.

I think the problem is that the hole in the bottom left of the phone got wet and then water leaked into it or something like that. But I really need help and suggestions on this situation. That phone still has a lot of photos and videos on there that I can't access.

1571619429552-2006864803.jpg This The hole I meant.

Upvote 0
if it got wet, you should try the rice in a bag trick.

also i would recommend you use google photos for your pictures. it automatically uploads your photos to the cloud. i never have to worry about my photos or videos. i can even take a photo on my phone. hop on my computer and my photos will be there. i do not have to hook up any cords or anything. it is all done via wifi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones