1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Touch screen won't respond

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dlacio84, Feb 19, 2011.

1. dlacio84

dlacio84 Newbie
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    I rarely have problems with my phone and as of this morning my phone will not respond when I touch it. I took it into the store and all they said was it's old they don't carry the original droid anymore that they were going to have to order me a new phone. I use my phone like most people for everything. I did some research online and figured out how to factory reset the phone by pressing x and the power button well now I can't get past the touch droid to begin. Since the screen won't respond I can't touch the android nor can I touch the four corners. Are there any suggestions on what I can do.

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    If you can't do a thing with the touchscreen then yeah, sounds like it's time for a new phone. :eek:

If your warranty has run out, then Swappa has them at reasonable prices, some already rooted & ROMmed

3. dlacio84

dlacio84 Newbie
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    yeah the guy at the store kept telling me I need to just upgrade but I'm debating going with Evo or thunderbolt do you have an opinion.

4. The_Chief

VIP Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    Manchester, TN
    You wanted an opinion, so here it is:

People are going to swear by the Thunderbolt but not me: the Droid is so much more versatile, with the multimedia and car docks. It does everything! My Darling Bride & daughter are BOTH wanting Droids, just because of its unique abilities. Newer, IMHO, is not always better. If I woke up in your shoes, I'd get another Droid 1.

BTW the guy at the store wants to earn his paycheck by upselling you a phone. That's all there is to that.

5. dlacio84

dlacio84 Newbie
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    really you wouldn't go with a newer droid? I need something that is fast and great camera. The droid 1 camera is terrible. I would prefer a Droid. I've had one since T-Mobile came out with the G1.

6. The_Chief

VIP Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    Manchester, TN
    The Droid 1 is the last Motorola phone to come out with an unencrypted bootloader, making it very easy to root, ROM and customize. If you really aren't interested in doing all that, then the Droid X or Thunderbolt may be for you. I'm holding out to see what the LG phone's gonna look like, as well as the Droid 3 in August. I'm in no hurry to replace my beloved Droid.

7. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    If you don't like carriers that lie, cheat, steal, and don't stand behind their products or services, I'd go with Verizon.. The thunderbolt is a better phone too.

8. dlacio84

dlacio84 Newbie
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    I'm with Verzion and my own complaint with them is compared to Sprint which is who I'm considering since they have the Evo they are overpriced. As for rooting, yeah I would probably do all of that if I knew better what it was and the use of it. Otherwise I use my phone for school, texting, and since I'm in real estate I use it to take videos and pictures. I didn't realize there was going to be a new droid in august.

9. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    Yup, that's what I thought at first. But I'm paying more for sprint than pretty much any carrier. They lied and said they'd pay for my replacement phone through insurance.. I was very clear, I don't want a phone if I have to pay for it. Well guess what, sprint isn't paying my 100 dollar deductible, and I'm stuck paying it when I didn't even want to, and only made a claim because a sprint employee told me to do so and they would pay.

They also tried to charge me for using my phone before it was activated, and still being shipped to me.

This isn't even counting the weekends I've lost trying to get simple warranty work done...

10. cruud

cruud Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    Funny same problem started with me today. I for one am sick of the Droid. The poor build quality is the main problem. I'm want a phone that has adequate RAM, a better processor and is designed better. It's been fun but buying a first gen product was a big mistake on my part.