• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touch sensors not aligned with display

Kbrew

Lurker
Apr 6, 2019
In many games, I thought my touches weren't registering until I realized the display was out of alignment with the touch sensors. Specifically, if I want to choose an option, I press just above the option and it works. Incredibly frustrating and makes many of my favorites games impossible to play. I don't seem to have the problem outside of games and there isn't a way to turn off full screen manually, which I suspect is the problem.

There are touchscreen testing apps, so you could try one of those to check. If it checks out OK then if you can force the phone into immersive mode (what you call "full screen") you could test your theory that that is the cause of the problem (there are apps that can toggle full screen mode regardless of whether the app requests it, though I don't know whether they can force an app out of it).

For a fix, it may be simplest to let the game developer know there's an issue.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Fire up the Samsung Members app found in the Samsung folder in your app draw. You will probably need to create a Samsung account if you do not have one already..
  • Once in the app select the support options at the top - see attached pics,
  • Select interactive checks - you will need to grant 3 permissions at this point,
  • Now select touch screen to perform sensor checks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190412-173539_Samsung Members.jpg
    Screenshot_20190412-173539_Samsung Members.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 336
  • Screenshot_20190412-173556_Samsung Members.jpg
    Screenshot_20190412-173556_Samsung Members.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 273
  • Screenshot_20190412-173607_Samsung Members.jpg
    Screenshot_20190412-173607_Samsung Members.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 270
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones