• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help touch text field on browser problem

Stupifier

Android Enthusiast
Apr 9, 2010
Say you are fully zoomed out on some internet page and you see a text field....you touch the text box to type in it. Instead of allowing you to type, it zooms in on the text box. Why? And sometimes, actually most of the time, it zooms in to the wrong area and I have to scroll around to find the text box I was going to type in.

So, can I turn off that particular zoom feature? Or can the zoom feature be made accurate....because most of the time it is not accurate at all and the zoom completely misses the text box.

Help me

Edit: using default browser

Bump*

Easy way to see this problem.....click the search buttuon on these forums....the white text box appears to input search....great...press it....PHONE ZOOMS IN ALL MESSED UP and your keyboard pops up. The zoom is so inaccurate in these types of situations...it almost entirely misses the text box in zooming

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones