• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touch to Answer App

I have a very hard time w/ the slide to answer feature. It frequently takes me 3-5 tries to answer a call. I would much rather be able to touch to answer. I do realize that there's a slim chance of answering calls while in my pocket, but I'd rather that then fight w/ the phone. Does anyone know of an app for this? I've searched various forums and there are no current threads regarding this.

Perhaps I should clarify: I don't use the "slide to unlock" feature; I have a lock pattern set. I just want to not slide to answer/ignore calls as it's difficult for me to do. I did look up both apps that were recommended and am concerned w/ some of the reviews.

I just want something that, instead of presenting the slides to answer/ignore, I get simple push buttons. If this doesn't exist, I wonder who I can commission to make one.

Upvote 0
Try Easy Answer Button Free. You have a green answer button and red decline button. I put it on both my wife's and my phone. Even lets you set a delay time for how long you have to push the button.

x2

GREAT APP! I set a 1/4 second delay and never worry about prematurely answering my phone while pulling it out of my pocket. Love it.

Easy Answer Button Free - Android app on AppBrain

Upvote 0
Try Easy Answer Button Free. You have a green answer button and red decline button. I put it on both my wife's and my phone. Even lets you set a delay time for how long you have to push the button.
I have this and it certainly does the job. However, I'm looking for something else because the buttons overlay and hide the incoming number and so you have no way to screen calls.

Ok, I just bought this for .99: https://market.android.com/details?...=&purchaseButton=v3UWSiMhH2FRR9h0ivY0fpSqwyc=

Seems to work well and now I can see the incoming number on the screen - I've only gotten a few calls on it and once it did not work and I had to answer with the old slider. We'll see.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones