1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

touch wiz issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cdhd1985, Dec 25, 2011.

1. cdhd1985

cdhd1985 Newbie

Hey need help my dock icons have gone how do i get them back ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GG1

GG1 Well-Known Member

Applications > menu > edit > drag and drop the icons you want back to dock.

3. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

In homescreen,

Tap Menu/Add/Shortcuts or applications....

And you can add shortcuts/applications into the homescreen and from there drag it into the dock.

In application drawer, long press on the icon and drag it to the homescreen. From the homescreen, move it to the dock. You can skip the part about placing it in the homescreen first of course. But I think its easier just to have everything in the homescreen then readjust for the dock from there.

Cheers

4. GG1

GG1 Well-Known Member

drag and drop from homescreen only gives option to remove,unless I'm missing something.

5. Russell Ng

It does....

Oh well... Been using Go Launcher for so long that must have forgotten that part is not the same as TW. Will test it out later.

6. Russell Ng

Sorry... I made a mistake. In TW, have no idea how to get the docks to work. In fact I have 4 icons on the docks and I don't even know how to change it. Like I said, been using Go Launcher for so long, didn't figure that TW could be so different.

Sorry couldn't help.

7. Blue1k

Blue1k Android Enthusiast

Here is how:

1. Open the app drawer
    2. Then press the menu capacitive key and EDIT. It may ask to switch view type (I'm on a different phone). Choose switch
    3. Drag any app you want in and out of the dock (home can't be replaced)
    4. One done press the menu capacitive key and select save.

:D

8. cdhd1985

cdhd1985 Newbie

I went applications clicked on touch wiz and clicked force stop and then clear data and now its working fine

9. Russell Ng

Great.... Happy you solved it. You should try some of the other launchers. Would take time to set up. But I feel its better than TW after using for so long.

The only advantage TW has is the app drawer is one of the neatest. Also its the leanest launcher.

Anyway, clear data would also reset your settings and widgets / shortcuts won't it?

Cheers

10. cdhd1985

cdhd1985 Newbie

Yeah it did reset all the widgets, but the main thing was the dock bar went back to normal i also use go launcher i think its great but touch wiz is a bit more smooth to use

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews