1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Touch Wiz or different launcher?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Omar Days, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Omar Days

Omar Days Android Expert

What do you guys use?

At first when I got the note, I used go launcher. But after seeing my gf's phone look really snappy and smooth using touch wiz I've reverted back to it. I found go launcher and all the others like adw too slow. They seemed to stutter which I accepted on my desire hd but was a bit disappointed that it's generally the same on the note. Even though it's not got a fraction of the options go launcher has, I find touch wiz kinda iPhone like with it's "smoothness" which is the only thing I like about iPhones.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. B2L

B2L Android Expert

The Touchwiz launcher supports hardware acceleration, which explains the smoothness. I tried to use LauncherPro, ADW, and GoLauncher on my Note and they just didn't feel the same. The hardware acceleration makes a huge difference in my opinion.

3. sdablool

sdablool Newbie

I have had try all launchers and the best at all is Hilauncher.

4. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

ADW Launcher EX

5. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert

I use this as well, but I have the LTE version so it doesn't have the super snappy TouchWhiz like you Exynos folks get. I really like being able to have my phone in landscape on the home screens and touchwhiz doesn't do that.

6. johnb41

johnb41 Well-Known Member

I didn't realize TouchWiz was smoother... I will have to revert back to that and try it out.

So far my favorite traditional launcher is Go Launcher. Just love how you can order apps in the drawer by last installed, and more. What I can't live without is the app folder management ... so simple to add a bunch of apps to a folder all at once.

Right now I'm loving Launcher 7, which gives a look and feel very close to Windows Phone 7... it's a totally different Android experience from any other launcher, and it's a nice distraction until ICS finally comes out.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews