1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General touch wiz

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Canesfan, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Canesfan

Canesfan Android Enthusiast

Jun 5, 2011
    Male
    the Desert
    This app. just magically appeared yesterday, days after my 4.3 update and I inadvertently selected the simpler screen which unwantedly threw me from Oz back to Kansas. It took me (a non-technie, non-Geek form) into a tizzy...I mean wtf?

Why is this app necessary and why did it creep into my Android life? Besides adding another step to return to the home screen, what's the benefit?

Advertisement

2. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 29, 2013
    NW Arkansas, USA
    I think you have your terms mixed up. Touch Wiz is what Samsung calls their stock ROM/interface. It includes all the stock stuff, like their dialer, contacts, messaging, etc apps. One of the things in Touch Wiz is the setting you're talking about, the Home Screen. And that setting has been on my S4 since I got it the weekend the phone was released. It's meant for very non-techie folks. Think grandma and grandpa.

3. Canesfan

Canesfan Android Enthusiast

Jun 5, 2011
    Male
    the Desert
    Thanks for clarifying!

Although it's meant for non-techie's like me, I think it sucks. For some reason every time I would press the home button when I was finished at a given site, it would ask me what app. I wanted to use to get there. Maybe I had Touch Wiz from the get-go, but for some reason this change took effect.