• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touchdown Exchange problems pt 2

elbraddo

Jul 4, 2010
Right - I've now used by Desire for 3 months, with Touchdown as my Exchange client and I'm disappointed with the Exchange push email reliability.

My old Blackberry pearl 8100 never missed an email, was almost instaneously sync'd with the server, and had no trouble catching up with emails, if I'd been out of mobile data service for a day or 3 (say for instance a weekend away from the UK with data turned off).

My Desire on the other hand, takes aggggggggges to sync emails via 3g (despite having HSPA functionality), and even via WiFI, it takes a long while if it's got more than a couple of emails to sync. If I get back from abroad it often takes 6-8 hours to catch up with the server's emails. Some emails NEVER make it to the Desire. Basically, I cannot rely on it, like I could on my Blackberry.

I'm never sure whether I've gotten all my emails - even if I've sync'd via WiFi. Just not good enough.

I've set it to only download emails of size 100kb and less.

Are there any other settings I should be attempting to tweak?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones