• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touchpal Keyboard...How To Update?

sonicbluemustang

Android Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2010
Edit; I guess I should delete this post if I could cause I rebooted today and lost all functionality with the Touchpal keyboard causing massive F/C's so do not update to the newer version.

Mo Fun!
I recently started playing around with the Touchpal Keyboard that came on the Force and was impressed with it's features and looks. I was actually trying to find something better for the wifes S4. So i copied it over and tried it on hers and it worked. After changing the theme I saw the web site TouchPal Keybrd it was dl from. On GooglePlay it won't let you update to the latest version,

Now I know why FC me to death :( Dont update to new.

Reactions: AMOCO
Mo Fun!
I recently started playing around with the Touchpal Keyboard that came on the Force and was impressed with it's features and looks. I was actually trying to find something better for the wifes S4. So i copied it over and tried it on hers and it worked. After changing the theme I saw the web site TouchPal Keyboard, Feel the speed on your touchscreen. it was dl from. On GooglePlay it won't let you update to the latest version, So go to the website and Download the 5.4 version install the APK on your phone. It will then update your old version. If you want some cool themes the newer version has lots of them just go to settings. :)

Great Find, sonicbluemustang.
Things are rolling with the phone.
:):):)

Sent from my N9100 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
I have actually been using the HTC_mod keyboard that was designed for Froyo and Gingerbread which has larger keys for my fat thumbs, but I have to turn off prediction and other stuff so it won't crash. This is a fun change for a while. My wife likes it too. :)
I mostly use the voice texting so I'm glad it works. :)

Upvote 0
Sorry re read my first post. I have edited it to update about massive fc's. :(

Thank you for that disclosure (and the edit of the OP), sonic.

I changed the prefix from "Tips" to "Support," and added a question mark to your title. Perhaps the discussion will continue and a better fix will come along.

We'll see. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones