1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

touchpal problems after update...

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ashaaa, Jan 20, 2013.

1. ashaaa

ashaaa Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2012
    NZ, Otago
    hi there. strange things are happening.

i have just updated to android 4.0.3 on my huawei g300.
    after that the default built-in keyboard is touchpal which would be perfectly fine with me (i was using it previously) if it worked ok. i used to use touchpal's curve (sliding style input) in the past and now it's completely gone! I went through the options many many times and it's just not there! under quick settings i've got only 'alternative symbols' and 'mixed language input' options, no touchpal curve. same with main menu, 'touchpal curve' used to be between 'smart input' and 'languages' options- now it's gone! The touchpal version is 4.8.5 which i think is pretty old (v 5 is out now) so i don't understand why this has been installed. it says no updates are available. when i wanted to uninstall it to try to re-install it from google play, first i cannot seem to uninstall it from my phone (no such option!), second, the app store tells me i've got it already (fair enough although it's an old version).

another surprising thing is that when i tried disabling touchpal to use the android keyboard instead, no keyboard comes up at all!!

very strange...i've restarted the phone but it didn't help.
    Any idea what to do? anybody had or heard of this problem before?
    any suggestions welcome.....cheers!

Advertisement

2. elaine128

elaine128 Lurker
    None

Sep 3, 2012
    i have a similar problem,i can only have the android keyboard,no other input method is listed,when i read the manual it says there is a choice of 3 keyboards but i havent got this choice

3. ashaaa

ashaaa Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2012
    NZ, Otago
    bump...