• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touchscreen and sim reader both stopped working at same time

carpsy151

Lurker
Sep 27, 2014
I have the ATT sgh-i747. I was using it as normal. The battery was low and i could not charge it before it got to 0%. After it died, I connected the charger and started it back up. When the screen came on the "no sim-emergency calls only" message was there and the touch screen did not work. Also the time and date were off, it said 3:59 September 15th. I tried the normal reset (take battery out, replace, turn back on) several times and still the same thing. I had just replaced the sim reader a month ago, as well as the rear camera and speaker, and everything was working as normal. I opened the phone up to make sure all connections were set. Still the same message. I did a factory reset and after I turn it on, still, the touchscreen does not work and it says no sim. I find it odd that both these things would stop working at the exact same time. Also the phone is long past its warranty. Any ideas on what this could be?

Welcome to our AndroidForums, carpsy151.

I don't have an S3, but I think I'd plug it in and let it try charging for a good long while (12-24 hours) before trying to turn it back on.

My guess is that there's just not enough battery charge for the device to properly restart at the times you've attempted rebooting it.

Try to let the battery charge as fully as it can and then see.

Best of luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones