1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Touchscreen calibration app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tspoon, May 27, 2011.

1. tspoon

tspoon Lurker
    None

May 25, 2011
    Hi, new user here, I have a copycat Superpad III. The model is Disco, and I have upgraded the rom to tim4d2. But it has had the same problem since I got it, in that the touchscreen works on startup then stops. Although sometimes it doesn't go so good at startup either.

The touchscreen calibration app won't exit. I touch the screen at the right place, the target moves. Once I've touched the target in the centre it goes back to the first spot and says to try again. It does this over and over and over and over.

I downloaded the only other app I could find for calibration, it says the calibration failed, but no more info than that. I checked /data/misc/tscal/pointercal, it looks similar to another one I saw on here, some numbers slightly different but not much.

Has anyone else had this problem, is there an app that can grab the raw output from the touchscreen and display it perhaps?

Any help appreciated
    Cheers

Advertisement

2. Woodyandroid

Woodyandroid Member
    None

Feb 6, 2011
    Retired
    Delaware, USA
    One thing I found is that you need to not have your fingers on the edge of the tablet when you do this. So set it on a table and do it .